- Scribbled on December 11th, 2013 by Jonah Falcon
- Filed in Podcasts
This week, Jordan reveals that he actually won an Xbox One from work, making him the second owner of the console in the podcast, and the only one with both a One and a PS4. Unfortunately, Paul’s not available for the podcast, making it a podcast of two.
The news this week:
- Square Enix confirms Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for next-gen
- EA donates $1.65 million to American Cancer Society following Humble campaign
- Report: MMOs targeted by intelligence agencies
- Ubisoft polling on Assassin’s Creed 5, non-Assassin pirate game
- Report: Disney taking over Indiana Jones from Paramount
Also, listener Pawel Predki wrote his own review of Tearaway. Read it here.Comment now » |
- Scribbled on December 4th, 2013 by Jonah Falcon
- Filed in Industry News, Microsoft Xbox 360, Microsoft Xbox One, Podcasts, Rumor Mill, Sony PlayStation 4
Despite the title of the podcast episode this week, nothing is boring. Rather, there’s a ton of banter between Jonah, Paul and Jordan, as they discuss next-gen console gaming.
This week’s news items include:
- Amazon testing package delivery by drone
- Microsoft advises gamers against turning the Xbox One into a dev kit
- There’s “no lack of ideas” at DICE, CEO ponders local weather for Battlefield
- Xbox One beats PS4 sales at Walmart, Target
- Epic: “We’ve yet to see the real value of the second screen”
- Sega: Shenmue 3 trademark listing a hoax
All this and some Listener Feedback.Comment now » |
- Scribbled on November 27th, 2013 by Jonah Falcon
- Filed in Action, Industry News, Microsoft Xbox One, MMO, Podcasts, Rumor Mill, Sony PlayStation 4
Paul returns to the Gaming Podcast, having doing the major work on the Facebook game he’d been helping develop, Team USA Pinsanity. The trio argue over boss battles, and this week’s Gaming Flashback is The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Jordan also finally has a great Vita game to fawn over, Tearaway.
- Take-Two files ‘Bully Bullsworth Academy’ trademark in Europe
- Twitch cracks down on PS4 Playroom inappropriate content
- Blizzard dev apologizes for remarks on sexualized designs
- Sony to make $250M entertainment cuts, “nothing too sacred”
The Question of the Week: “What is your opinion on boss battles?”Comment now » |
- Scribbled on November 20th, 2013 by Jonah Falcon
- Filed in Apple, Kinect, Microsoft Xbox One, MMO, Nintendo Wii-U, Podcasts, Shooter
Gaming Podcast is back after a week off, as Jordan talks about playing games on his brand-new PlayStation 4, while Jonah is anxious and worried about the Xbox One launch this week.
There’s also a ton of news this week, including:
- Unlucky PlayStation 4 owners face ‘blue light of death’
- Report: Apple in “talks” to purchase co-creators of original Kinect tech
- Ubisoft explains why launch games underwhelm
- Xbox One launch official broadcast available through Spike, GameTrailers
- Survey: only 1 percent of gamers want a Wii U this Holiday season
- Ken Levine defends BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 1‘s length
- World of Warcraft not going free-to-play, stop asking
- More Fallout 4 evidence pops up with trademark registration
And the Question of the Week: “What was the best budget game you ever bought?”Comment now » |
- Scribbled on November 15th, 2013 by Jonah Falcon
- Filed in Off Topic
Knack has been a pretty polarizing game. Looking at the reviews, it ranges from a high of 84 at Cheat Code Central to a low of 30 from Joystiq.
For me, as a reviewer, scores less than 50 should be reserved for games that are broken in some way and, honestly, there’s nothing broken about Knack. There might not be anything special or particularly “next-gen” about it, but it is not a broken game.
The world of Knack is a Dreamworks-inspired, candy colored combnation of sci-fi and magic. The energy source everyone relies on to power their vehicles, generators, power drills and elevators are called relics and they literally are that. Energy filled relics from an ancient civilization, dug up from ruins far underground. A scientist figured out that a special combination of these relics could gain sentience and this golem made up of ancient artifacts is known as Knack.Comment now » |
Fresh from the midnight launch, the PS4 is connected and working and it’s time for first impressions.
For starters, the new interface is cleaner, but very different from the original PS3/PSP XMB. Instead of having one horizontal bar with icons for all your different things, there are now two horizontal bars. Initially it was a little difficult to figure out where to go to do things like, oh, the necessary firmware update. Selecting networked items like Web Browser simply brought up an error indicating that you needed to update your firmware before you could access network features.
Finding the section that would actually launch the update didn’t take long and the update itself loaded much faster than any of the PS3 firmware updates I’ve seen, despite the fact that everyone who bought a PS4 was doing the same thing. Good infrastructure move there, guys.Comment now » |
- Scribbled on November 3rd, 2013 by Jonah Falcon
- Filed in Game Videos, Microsoft Xbox 360, Microsoft Xbox One, PC, Shooter, Sony PlayStation 3, Sony PlayStation 4
Thief fans remember Basso the fence from the Thief series – now in the reboot, he is the first of the Stories from the City series, and he discusses why Garrett is the cure for what is killing the City.Comment now » |
- Scribbled on November 2nd, 2013 by Jonah Falcon
- Filed in Game Videos, Humor, Microsoft Xbox 360, Microsoft Xbox One, Nintendo Wii-U, PC, Shooter, Sony PlayStation 3, Sony PlayStation 4
In an obvious parody of The Hangover, four dudes visit Las Vegas – only this one is a devastated LV with plenty of baddies to shoot – and are helped by a sexy sniper played by Megan Fox.
Check out the Call of Duty: Ghosts trailer and let us know what you think.Comment now » |
- Scribbled on November 1st, 2013 by Jonah Falcon
- Filed in Game Videos, Microsoft Xbox 360, PC, RPG, Sony PlayStation 3
Fans have made a live-action version of the original Dead Island trailer. Check it out and let us know if it’s better or worse than the CGI version.Comment now » |
- Scribbled on October 31st, 2013 by Jonah Falcon
- Filed in Game Videos, Microsoft Xbox 360, PC, RPG, Sony PlayStation 3
South Park: The Stick of Truth has been delayed from its December release date, and will be launched on the March 4, 2014. Ubisoft released a gameplay trailer that first appeared at NY Comic Con.Comment now » |
- Scribbled on October 30th, 2013 by Jonah Falcon
- Filed in Action, Apple, Hardware Peripherals, Microsoft Xbox One, Podcasts, Shooter, Sports
This week’s episode has Jonah ranting about the shoddy QA in Batman: Arkham Origins, while Jordan admits he never used those Xbox Live cards that came free with some games. In the meantime, the Gaming Flashback is the classic Apple ][ game Bolo.
The news this week includes:
- EA splits from Tiger Woods
- Rumor: Xbox One SDK plagued by eleventh hours bugs
- Apple sells 33.8m iPhones, 14.1m iPads in September quarter
- Nvidia Shield update adds official PC streaming, console mode, more Android support
- Fans trash Call of Duty: Ghosts booth at a games expo
No Question of the Week this week – just looking for Listener feedback.Comment now » |
- Scribbled on October 23rd, 2013 by Jonah Falcon
- Filed in Action, Adventure, Hardware Peripherals, Microsoft Xbox One, Podcasts, Rumor Mill, Sony PlayStation 4, Strategy
Gaming Podcast is back after being off for a week. This time out, there’s a Gaming Flashback as Jordan and Jonah discuss The 7th Guest, which was coincidentally just released on Steam.
This week’s news includes:
- Xbox One and PlayStation 4 headsets compatibility issues
- Dark Matter abrupt ending blamed on failed Kickstarter drive
- Rockstar New England working on “next version of famous IP”
- Fassbender on Assassin’s Creed film: it’s “definitely happening”
- Struggling Scrolls may go free-to-play
This week’s Question of the Week, “What was your favorite adventure game?”Comment now » |
- Scribbled on October 22nd, 2013 by Jonah Falcon
- Filed in Adventure, Game Videos, Humor, Reviews, Sony PlayStation 3
You can probably guess what Yahtzee thought of the Quick Time Event fest that is Beyond: Two Souls.Comment now » |
- Scribbled on October 21st, 2013 by Jonah Falcon
- Filed in Action, Game Videos, Microsoft Xbox 360, PC, Sony PlayStation 3
Batman: Arkham Origins will be out this Friday, and Warner Bros. has released a 17 minute gameplay video – check it out.
According to the publisher:
“The Batman: Arkham Origins Official 17 Minute Gameplay walkthrough video features Senior Producer Ben Mattes and Gameplay Director Michael McIntyre at WB Games Montréal as they guide viewers through the mechanics of the new title, highlighting the game’s deep combat system and engrossing narrative. Over the span of 17 minutes, you’ll see the Dark Knight explore the Batcave, beat down on thugs and infiltrate a corrupt Gotham City Police Department”
Let us know what you think.Comment now » |
- Scribbled on October 18th, 2013 by Jonah Falcon
- Filed in Game Videos, Microsoft Xbox One, Sony PlayStation 4, Sports
EA Sports has released a new trailer for Madden NFL 25, showing off what the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the game will be like. Not only are the graphics improved, but the AI will be given a huge upgrade as well, allowing players to react on the fly to situations on the field.
Madden NFL 25 will be released on the respective next-gen console launches.Comment now » |